Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jennings & Williams Gang Up On Watson


Trivia whiz Ken Jennings has made a career as a keeper of facts; he holds the longest winning streak in history on the U.S. game show Jeopardy. But in 2011, he played a challenge match against supercomputer Watson -- and lost. With humor and humility, Jennings tells us how it felt to have a computer literally beat him at his own game, and also makes the case for good old-fashioned human knowledge. (Filmed at TEDxSeattleU.)
Ken Jennings holds the record for most consecutive wins on the classic American trivia game show, Jeopardy. He also makes a case for the rules of the game in the future.

At the time Jennings took on Watson, I issued my own challenge to Watson.  Listen to his talk and then compare my challenge.  We share some similar thoughts.  I’m still ready to take on Watson. Or offer Watson my challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment